November 19, 2011

Petite spice cakes

I was searching for an exquisite madeleine recipe to  try when I thought ,
why not come up with my own!  Oh yes I thought! What a grand idea!! I already
knew the basic ingredients but I wanted to create something original so I wanted to
put my style into it. If you know me, you  know I love all things
spiced. Spiced hot cocoa , Pumpkin pie , Spiced coffee streusel... and the list goes on!
So I came up with this:

 The're  very petite indeed...They're not perfectly shaped and not very sweet...
that's why they're PERFECT!!
Ingredients
1 cup of  flour (doesnt matter what type you use)
1 to 1/2 cup of salted butter , softened (more is better)
2 large eggs
1 tsp. clear vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. brown sugar
2/3 cup of granulated white sugar
 First you'r going to cream the butter and both the white and brown sugar
on high, until it's light and fluffy. Like so...
Then you're going to add the vanilla. Turn to low speed and add the eggs ,
one by one. Like this...
 
Mix on high  for 3-4 minutes, then set aside. Now in a separate
bowl, you're going to combine the flour, salt, cinammon, and baking powder.
 
You're going to GENTLY fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture... Like this....
When you're done , refridgerate the batter for 30 min.
Preheat the oven to 375 F., and spray mini muffin paper tins with non-stick
spray. I was able to make 2 dozen of these little cakes. So yes, spray 24 mini muffin paper
tins. Like this...
Take out the batter, and use a SMALL spoon to fill these up!! It doesnt take that much to fill
these little things up!!
Bake for 7-10 minutes, and let cool. Take off the paper tins , they should come off
very easily... Serve warm ,dust with powdered sugar, or serve with whipped cream!!
YUM-YUM!!!
 If you want a more flavored spice cake , add
1 tsp. of  nutmeg, 1 tsp. of ginger, and 1 tsp. of all spice, along with the cinnamon!!!
 Hope you enjoyed my recipe!!! Please be kind and do not claim as your own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment